- 8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Registration, Breakfast
- 9:15 am - 10:00 am
- Keynote: Jeffrey Hayzlett
- Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless Companies always want to know —what is the secret behind the success of entrepreneurs and executives who can move mountains? "I’ve owned franchises, ran small businesses (sold over 200 of them), and have been the CMO of a Fortune 500 company. I’ve learned that in every business and in every industry, limitations exist everywhere — mostly in our minds and in the stories we tell ourselves. Getting past these limitations is hard work. My keynote focuses on the attitude we need to overcome the obstacles that face our businesses every day. Everyone can think big, the art is in acting bigger.”
- 10:00 am - 10:25 am
- Rapid-Fire Sessions
- Quick tips from the top— successful business ideas from industry leaders in a fast-paced environment.
Saul N. Friedman Michael Langer Moishe Katz Bradley Nash Michael A. Macintyre Allen Fagin Yitzchok Saftlas
- 10:45 am - 11:45 am
- Breakout Sessions
- SNFCO- Saul & Simeon Friedman + Michael A. Macintyre How Do the New 2018 Tax Laws Affect You? – Presented by Saul N. Friedman, CPA Virtually every business decision you make involves significant tax considerations. You work hard to build profits and are entitled to limit your tax liabilities and maximize your revenues. By planning for your taxes intelligently, you can net substantial savings and make things go smoothly and stress free. In December of 2017, President Trump signed into law the most significant revamp of the U.S. Tax Code in over 30 years. These changes, no doubt, will affect both business and personal taxes. If tax planning was imperative prior to the New 2018 Tax Law, you can be assured that it is for your future.
What to Know About Partnership Agreements – Presented by Simeon Friedman, CPA You are currently in business with a partner and have a great and honest relationship. You both have passion in what you do, and in reaching your set goals. You may ask, “Why should I go through the strenuous process of drawing up a non-boilerplate agreement? It can only adversely affect the relationship.” Rather, it is critical to be prepared for the peaks and valleys you may encounter. This session will explain how to be proactive and ensure that a proper agreement is in place, so that you are not like an ostrich with its head in the sand.
Maximizing Your Banking Relationship – Presented by Michael A. Macintyre Whether you are thinking about expanding your business, looking to improve cashflow or just want to know how the latest trends in banking and finance will impact your business, this session is for you. The right relationship with your bank is critical to helping you navigate the uncertainty that comes with owning a business today. Since every business is unique, it is important to install proper banking methods that will ensure successful solutions. Here, you will learn that information is key and with the right knowledge there is no limit as to how far your business can grow. Bradley Nash + Solomon Klein Law and The Entrepreneur: Legal Challenges and Opportunities on the Path to Success Solomon N. Klein and Bradley Nash — partners at the law firm Schlam Stone & Dolan LLP — will lead a discussion on how business leaders can navigate the legal landscape. Today’s entrepreneur faces a number of legal challenges — from private lawsuits to regulatory barriers to innovation. Topics will include: Strategies to reduce litigation risk when creating your business; Dealing with industry-specific regulations; Arbitration; Insurance coverage; and management of litigation and regulatory risk. Finally, the panel will share tips and ideas on being a savvy consumer of legal services. Eli Rowe, Firouz Daneshgari, and Moishe Katz Lowering the Cost of Employer Sponsored Health Care The cost of employer sponsored healthcare continues to rise with no relief in sight. For many businesses, healthcare is their second highest administrative expense. Existing methods of coverage have become unsustainable. An expert panel of healthcare professionals and executives will introduce new models of coverage and innovative alternatives that can save employers as much as 50% over traditional methods. This innovative approach to healthcare not only saves money but produces a healthier and more productive workforce.
- 11:45 am - 12:00 pm
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Breakout Sessions
- Michael Langer You're Crazy! Words That Can Assure You That You're on The Right Path You know that amazingly innovative idea you have? That thing you’ve been working so hard on? ... it’s stupid! It’ll probably never make money, and it’s impossible anyway. The chances of failure are high. Even if your mother thinks it will succeed. It won’t. It’s not just me, it’s the stats. And if you don’t care what math thinks, then this is the speech for you! The genius behind innovation is creating, bending, and distorting reality. It’s the secret ingredient you need to get that dumb idea of yours to change the world. Allen Fagin The Cardinal Rules for Effective Leadership An effective leader harnesses the power of the entire team to create a cohesive unit that is far greater than the sum of its parts. In this session, Allen Fagin, a proven leader in the public and private sector, will share lessons from his own career on how to succeed in a leadership role. He will provide insight into the art of management, effective communication, creativity and proper delegation. During this session, you will learn the dos and don’ts of leadership and how to be an effective leader. Yitzchok Saftlas Marketing Hacks Every Executive Should Know Is your company #1 in your industry? Why not? The goal of marketing is to make your company the leader in your field. What are the most effective marketing trends that can benefit your company? Correct marketing strategies ensure your company’s goals are fully aligned with your overall business objectives. Content marketing, branding, social media, and identity can all be used to harness your company to be #1. Yitzchok Saftlas, founder and president of Bottom Line Marketing Group and host of 77WABC “Mind Your Business,” will share tips on how to maximize your marketing plan in order to improve your retention and lead generation initiatives.
- 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
- Lunch, Networking
- 2:15 pm - 3:30 pm
- Brass Tacks Panel
- Proven Methods to Scale Your Business Leadership, Innovation, Financial Matters: every business executive sweats over these areas. Join this interactive panel discussion led by thought leaders from a wide range of industries who will answer your most pressing questions and provide proven methods to scale your business. This panel will also feature a live Q&A in a format you’ve never seen before.
Saul N. Friedman and Simeon Friedman Michael Langer Solomon Klein David Simkowitz Eli Rowe Michael A. Macintyre Yitzchok Saftlas
- 3:30 pm - 3:45 pm
- 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm
- Closing Keynote: Stephen Shapiro
- Innovate the Way You Innovate Leaders, in their attempt to boost innovation, are inadvertently destroying it. What if “thinking outside the box” actually kills innovation? What if failure is not a necessary component of innovation? It’s time to innovate the way you innovate. Believe it or not, expertise is the enemy of innovation! Breakthroughs are rarely developed by experts within your industry or area of specialization. This session will provoke you while stretching your comfort zone as you discover how to break out of your shell and begin innovating to grow your business.